September 22-23, 2021 Innovation Rally.
October 13, 2021, SOI Application Informational Zoom Meeting from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- November 1, 2021 Intent to Apply for SOI due. Access the Intent to Apply form at SOI Application, Designation & Renewal.
- SOI Application Introduction Training for all new applicants.
Personalized support by the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the Office of Innovation for Education (OIE) through regional meetings, Zoom, webinar opportunities, and school site visits.
- Personalized support by DESE and OIE through regional meetings, Zoom webinar opportunities, and school site visits.
- Using Data to Set Goals training (Section 6 & 7 of the SOI Application).
SOI Application Meeting for all schools to finalize their application. Legal services and other DESE staff will be available to discuss waivers, course approvals, CTE, and other information.
- March 1, 2022, draft of SOI Application submitted online to DESE by 4:30 p.m.
- Initial feedback from DESE and OIE is available in the SOI portal for schools
Feedback from DESE and OIE available in the SOI portal for schools to make appropriate revisions and edits to the application.
- May 1, 2022 final SOI Application due to DESE by 4:30 p.m.
- SOI committee reviews SOI Applications and makes recommendation to the Secretary of Education.
- Secretary of Education review of SOI Applications for approval.
- Secretary of Education notifies schools of his decision.