Located in Los Angeles, CA, the Incubator School offers the following:
- Project-based learning
- Personalized blended learning models
- F2F and online instruction
- Self-paced learning
- Tablet or computer for every students
- Three period days, each 2.5 hours
- During period 1, students work at their own pace through online courses for math and English.
- During period 2, students work individually or in small groups on science or social science projects. These projects typically last 3-9 weeks and the student completes three for the semester.
- During period 3 (Incubator Period), teachers address the whole student rather than just the students’ academics during a robust advisory period. Teachers, parents, and real-world experts collaborate to design a flexible and changing variety of activities and practices that are used to structure the time and interactions during this period.
Visit their website at http://www.incubatorschool.org/ to see why they are our featured school of the month.
You can also learn more about the Incubator School through this article from the Clayton Christensen Institute http://www.christenseninstitute.org/blended-learning-spotlight-incubator-school/
Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, MySchool@Kent offers the following:
- Provides options for students in 20 local school districts
- Co-teaching face-to-face and online instructors
- Structured pace that gives options for credit acceleration and/or credit recovery
- Satellite schools within local community
- Flexible schedule that provides students with more personalized support
- Students receive their own laptop and wifi card for anytime, anywhere instruction
- Shared campus with Career & Technical Center
- Course/schedule options integrate with project-based learning program and CTE program
Visit their website at http://www.myschoolatkent.net/to see why they are our innovative school of the month.
Innovations Early College High School
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, Innovations Early College High School offers the following:
- Blended learning environment.
- Self-directed and self-paced learning.
- Personalized education plans.
- Competency based curriculum.
- Shared campus with Community College and Career & Technical Education Center.
Visit their website at http://innovations.slcschools.org/ to see all the innovative ways they are helping their students.